Family Permanency Program of the North Country
Designed to support adopted youth and their families (post-adoption) as well as families who have legal guardianship (post-guardianship), an alternate caregiver who has the authority to make decisions regarding the child(ren)s in their care. Funded through the New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS), the Program connects families residing in Franklin, Jefferson, Lewis, Oswego, and St. Lawrence Counties, with valuable community resources/services.
- Advocacy Services
- Casework Counseling and support aimed at enhancing family self-sufficiency
- Support groups for adoptive parents, guardians, and youth
- Fostering of healthy family relationships
- Connectivity to critical community resources
- Training and education opportunities for parents/guardians
- Youth enrichment activities and life skills
- Referrals accepted from families themselves, public and private organizations, and community agencies
For more information or to determine eligibility, please contact the Program Manager at (315) 777-9649.